Cooperative Solar Program
HEMC Cooperative Solar makes it easy for members to have all the benefits of solar energy without the hassles. Learn more on our Cooperative Solar Frequently Asked Questions page.
Habersham EMC has invested in a utility-scale solar facility and offers blocks of Cooperative Solar energy to residential members. If you sign up, solar energy from the Cooperative Solar facility will be used to offset your residential energy usage without any of the hassles associated with having solar panels installed on your property. Here’s how it works.
Members can purchase up to 2 blocks of solar energy on a first-come, first-serve basis. If blocks are sold out, we will place your name on a waiting list.
Only members who receive electric service from Habersham EMC can participate in Cooperative Solar, and participation is limited to residential accounts.
Pricing and Energy Output
The monthly charge for each 1.25 kW solar energy block is $25. Each block is expected to generate between 136 and 237 kilowatt hours of energy per month based upon variables such as the sun’s position, season of the year, number of cloudy days and other factors.
For $25 per month for each solar energy block, you will receive credit on your monthly bill for the kilowatt hours generated by your solar energy block(s). If you use fewer kilowatt hours during the billing period than the kilowatt hours generated by your solar energy block(s), you will receive credit for the excess energy (per Habersham EMC’s Net Energy Metering Service Schedule, Rider NM).
Below are a few points to keep in mind regarding your application:
- Blocks are limited, and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If blocks are available, you will receive an email confirming your reservation.
- If all blocks are sold out, you will receive an email notifying you of your placement on a waiting list. You will also be contacted when blocks become available, based upon the same first-come, first-serve order of the waiting list.
- You may complete the application and submit via email to email@example.com or print it out and bring to either our Clarkesville or Cleveland office.
- All future communications regarding HEMC Cooperative Solar will be via email.