Energy Efficiency Loan Program
As part of Habersham EMC’s commitment to helping our members reduce their energy usage, we proudly offer affordable financing through our Energy Efficiency Loan Program. HEMC, not the member, makes the initial investment to improve the energy efficiency of the home and allows the member to repay the loan as part of their power bill over time. Learn more about the Energy Efficiency Loan Program below.
How The Program Works
- Request a HEMC representative visit your home for a FREE energy assessment.
- The HEMC representative will provide recommendations to improve the energy efficiency of your home. You choose which improvements you’d like to make.
- Simply sign an agreement to repay the loan as part of future power bills for a maximum of five years. (Credit check required.)
- HEMC provides a list of contractors who participate in the program. You secure a minimum of two bids for the improvements from those contractors, then submit them to HEMC.
- After the bids are reviewed, HEMC notifies you of the approved amount then the improvements are made.
- New energy-efficient heat pump
- Ductwork, vents, etc.
- Insulation (under floors and in ceilings)
- Heat pump water heater
Request Free Consultation
Fill out our Enrollment Request Form to get started.