Habersham EMC works closely with county and city governments, as well as local chambers of commerce and state agencies, to promote economic development throughout our six county service area.
These partnerships offer educational and networking opportunities for business and civic leaders in our service area through the Georgia Academy for Economic Development program and meetings with legislators.
Georgia’s EMCs serve 73% of the state’s land area. The 42 electric membership cooperatives in the state form Georgia EMC. Habersham EMC partners with Georgia EMC’s Prospect Development Team to assist in site selection.
The Georgia EMC Sites website provides a wealth of information regarding markets and available properties throughout the state including financing and incentive options.
Customer Choice Loads
Many new and expanding businesses also have the opportunity to select their electrical provider.
Under the Georgia Territorial Electric Service Act of 1973 exclusive power supply areas were assigned throughout the state. However, there are exceptions which allow some new customers to solicit competitive bids from electrical providers.
To find out if your business is eligible for Customer Choice, please contact Habersham EMC at 706-754-2114 or 800-640-6812.
Customer Choice loads awarded to Habersham EMC include:
- Clayton Walmart
- Cleveland Walmart
- Clayton Home Depot
- North Habersham Middle School
- Habersham Central High School
- CannonWood in Tiger
- Habersham County Chamber of Commerce
- Georgia Dept. of Economic Development
- Georgia Electric Membership Corporation
- Greater Hall County Chamber of Commerce
- Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce
- Rabun County Chamber of Commerce
- Toccoa-Stephens County Chamber of Commerce
- White County Chamber of Commerce