HEMC to Implement Additional COVID Precautionary Measures & Close Lobbies
In light of the recent increase of COVID cases within the Habersham EMC service area, HEMC leadership has decided to implement additional precautions. “The health and safety of our employees and members is a priority for us,” shares Bryan Ferguson, HEMC President and CEO. “We have continued to evaluate the COVID-19 situation in our area throughout the year. As the number of positive cases has grown, it is necessary to take additional steps to ensure we are able to provide reliable service to our members.”
Effective at 5 p.m. December 23, Habersham EMC lobbies will close to walk-in traffic and personnel will transition to working remotely. By eliminating the concentration of employees in a central location, HEMC hopes to mitigate potential exposure while minimizing interruptions to the services provided to our members.
- The Clarkesville drive-thru will remain open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday; with the exception of holiday closings on December 24 and 25, 2020 and January 1, 2021.
- Member Service Representatives will continue taking calls and handling email inquiries – only they may be working from home rather than at the office.
- A minimal number of personnel will still report to the office to handle some on-site duties while complying with the social distancing guidelines.
- Crews will continue to work on construction, right-of-way and maintenance projects.
- Personnel will be available to respond to any outages and hazards.
- Trailwave Fiber installations will continue with proper PPE.
These measures will remain in effect until further notice as the cooperative continues to monitor COVID conditions and the impact on the service area.