HEMC employees to work remotely; drive-thru remains open
Effective at 5 p.m. today, March 24, Habersham EMC personnel will transition to working remotely. By eliminating the concentration of employees in a central location, we are trying to do our part to ‘flatten the curve’ while minimizing interruptions to the services we provide to our members.
- The Clarkesville drive-thru will remain open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Member Service Representatives will continue taking calls and handling email inquiries – only they may be working from home rather than at the office.
- A minimal number of personnel will still report to the office to handle some on-site duties while complying with the social distancing guidelines.
- Our field crews will continue to work on construction, right-of-way and maintenance projects.
- Davey Resource Group, an HEMC contractor, will continue the system inventory.
- Personnel will be available to respond to any outages and hazards.
“We did suspend in-home installations of Trailwave Fiber last week due to COVID-19. Those appointments will be rescheduled as soon as health officials say it is safe to do so. We greatly appreciate the patience and understanding of HEMC members and Trailwave Fiber subscribers during this unprecedented event,” states Habersham EMC’s Acting CEO, Whit Hollowell.