Habersham EMC Prepares for Winter Storm Inga
Habersham EMC is closely monitoring weather conditions in preparation for Winter Storm Inga’s arrival. Employees are on a heightened state of readiness and prepared to react immediately.
Contingency plans are in place to address potential outages associated with snow accumulation, high winds and extreme cold. The following steps have been taken:
- Poles, wire, transformers and other supplies used in the restoration process are in stock
- HEMC crews, in addition to contractors, are on standby if needed
- Personnel are prepared to work in shifts around the clock until all power is restored
- Improvements have been made to the online outage map system information updating process
- More frequent communication to members through social media, corporate website and local media.
HEMC anticipates system-wide peaks of electrical demand and consumption due to the forecasted temperatures. This increased demand may cause outages. Peak use typically occurs in early morning as temperatures are lowest and people are preparing for the day. Conservation is encouraged during these times.
For winter weather preparation tips, please visit Ready.gov