GeoSpring Heat Pump Water Heaters
The GE GeoSpring Heat Pump Water Heater literally pulls energy savings out of the air. This new hybrid 50-gallon water heater can reduce water heater expenses up to 62 percent and save owners $320 annually. It also exceeds ENERGY STAR standards with a 2.35 energy factor.
This innovative new product features a compressor and evaporator which are integrated into the unit to drawn in ambient heat from the surrounding air. Coils wrap the tank all the way to the bottom to transfer the heat into the tank and heat the water.
Even with the heat pump on top, the GeoSpring fits a similar footprint of a standard 50-gallon water heater and uses the existing water and electrical connections. All of this and a 10 year warranty. The multiple settings allow you to adjust the functions to best fit your lifestyle:
- eHeat mode - maximizes your savings by only operating the heat pump to heat the water. As the electric elements in the tank are never used, this allows for the greatest amount of savings.
- Hybrid mode - uses less energy than a traditional electric tank while speeding up the recovery time. When the system determines that the demand has been met, it automatically reverts to using the heat pump mode only.
- High Demand mode - ensures that no one in your house, including houseguests, will run out of hot water. This mode lets the system know in advance that it will experience a larger water demand than usual. The water heater will be faster to react to temperature recovery by cycling on the heating elements sooner and for a longer time.
- Standard electric mode - turns off the heat pump and uses only the electric elements in the tank to heat the water. This mode allows for operation in temperatures where heat pump functionality would not be ideal.
- Vacation setting - allows you to set how many days you will be away. The system will maintain the temperature at 50 degrees to save energy, while preventing the water from freezing. The day before you expect to return, the unit automatically heats the water to the previously set temperature, so you may experience a hot shower without waiting.
Where to pick up
GeoSpring heat pump water heaters are kept in stock at the Clarkesville headquarters.
Customers may pay for the water heater at the time of pick up or HEMC members may finance the cost through the How$mart program or twelve months interest free on their electric bill. Please contact a Customer Resource Manager for pricing information.