Membership Application Instructions
As a convenience to our consumers, we offer the Membership Application online. However, prospective members must contact a Habersham EMC Member Services representative in order to establish electrical service. (Be sure you have the meter number for the new location and a letter of credit from your last electrical provider, if applicable). Once the account is set up, members will be given their account number and should then complete the form below.
On the Membership Application, you will see a reference to Habersham EMC's Bylaws, Service Rules and Regulations. You may view these documents by clicking on the links below.
Habersham EMC Bylaws
Habersham EMC Service Rules Regulations
Please be advised that the Membership Application is a legal document and must be completed as so. Below are a few notes to assist you in completing the form:
- Be sure to get the name of the representative establishing your account as you will need to put their name on the form.
- Fill in the Applicant Name box with the name under which the account is set up, including the middle initial.
- Include your e-mail address so you may be contacted if there are any questions or concerns regarding the Membership Application form.
- Check the Membership box and the Applicant's Signature box.
Definition of terms as pertaining to HEMC electric services and accounts:
- Establish a new account - 1) You have purchased or leased property with an existing HEMC service and need to put the service into your name. 2) You are building a new structure in the HEMC service area and need to apply for service to the structure.
- Transfer - 1) You have an account with HEMC and have changed your name, you need to "transfer" the account into your new name. 2) You are the executor/executrix of an estate or have power of attorney for someone and need to put the account into your name to handle the affairs, you need to "transfer" the account into your name.
Click here to proceed to the Membership Application (pdf).
Whenever Habersham EMC constructs new lines an easement is required. The easement is a legal document granting HEMC the right to construct the new lines and must be completed by the landowner. Please pay special attention to the bolded words. A few tips:
- The name on the easement must match the name on the deed. The "Post Office Address" is the mailing address for the landowner. (This should not be the address of the property where the lines are to be constructed, unless that is where the landowner receives mail.)
- A copy of the plat may be useful as you fill in the easement as the land lot numbers, district, magnetic north and boundaries are clearly labeled. For example, if your property is bordered by a creek to the north, a road to the south, a person to the east, and another person to the west then you would complete the easement with that information.
- If the property is owned by a company, then an officer of the company must sign the company name then the officer's name and title.
All easements must be signed in front of a Notary Public.
HEMC must receive the original easement. No paperwork will be passed on to the Engineering and Construction departments until the easement is received.
Click here for the easement (pdf).
If you have any questions, please call the Contact Centre at 706-754-2114, 706-865-4362, or 1-800-640-6812, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.