HEMC Contractors Working Throughout Service Area
Currently HEMC has contractors conducting pole inspections and meter upgrades.
Contractor vehicles are marked and personnel wear uniforms with photo i.d.
Neither contractor will need to come into your home to complete their duties.
Below is additional information about each project.
- Will run through Dec. 31, 2016
- Southeastern Wood Pole Inspectors (SWPI) is the contractor
- Contractors drive trucks, SUVs and ATVs; may also be on foot
- Will be in:
- wooded areas and
- along roadsides
- Working in these areas of Habersham County only:
- Mud Creek
- Pea Ridge
- Level Grove
Digital Meter Upgrades:
- Estimated to be completed by Dec. 31, 2017
- Smart Grid Solutions/APEX (SGS) is the contractor
- Driving white extended cab Toyota Tacoma trucks
- Will need to access meter location in order to perform the following duties:
- Knock on door before changing out meter
- Take photos of the old and new meters
- Interrupt electricity briefly while changing the meter
- Take thermal image of the empty meter socket
- Take GPS coordinates of the meter location
- Working in all HEMC served locations in the following counties:
If you have any questions regarding these contractors and activities, please contact Habersham EMC at (706)754-2114, (706)865-4362 or (800)640-6812.